Advertisement

capy moon? it ain't that bad

topic posted Wed, March 8, 2006 - 10:59 AM by  Kjetil
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hey! :) Im the new guy. aries sun, capy moon and cancer rising, for those who like to prejudge my personality :-) This post is mostly about me ranting about my view on the capy moon subject and generally just thinking out loud. If you see any misspellings - ignore them :-) Been a while since my norwegian butt was in school ;-) Now on to the rant. I've read many places that capy moon are supposed to be the worst placement out of all of them. But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't have it any other way if I could choose it. I love my moon. I think it offsets a greate deal of negative aries traits alot of my aries friends and other ariespeople without the capy moonplacement have. I think things through and analyze very fast to avoid pitfalls and bad situations that occur in relationships with friends, my girlfriend and joblife. Seems to be the norm between aries guys to be inconsiderate and say whats on their mind. This holds true with alot of aries boyfriends. Being inconsiderate to other peoples feelings and reacting with agression. Sorta like roidrage-light. Capricorn moon makes me alot less agressive and alot more diplomatic. Theres a difference in saying "have you gained weight? you should start exersizing" and saying while I'm brushing my teeth at night "I think I've gained some weight. What do you think?". Calculating, I know, but my girlfriend lost some weight without me ever being in the crossfire. And Im happy about it :-) Her confidence and mood went up and positive. So ultimately, calculating is good for both parts if used in a good way. Im cold? Nope, Im a very passionate and affectionate person. Emotionally, Im controlled, not cold. Also I think capricorn moon can distance themselves from their feelings when things get tough and work through the problem instead of sulking all day. Serious when its apropriate and humorus and optimistic when its apropriate. Economy? I have a steady income and no finantial problems. I could go on and on about why I like my capricorn moon so much. If I would have to complain about one thing it must be the relationship between my cancer rising and capricorn moon. People tell me private secrets and confessions and I really don't what to know since I just don't care. But Im not going to violate their trust, so i shut up and listen. Still though, thats my one knock against capricorn moon. Or cancer rising. Ohwell, the cancer gave me "kind eyes" so I guess I can live with a few secrets :P

Anyways, rant over. I whant to know about you guys. What is it about capricorn moon in your everyday life that you like and dislike? How do you think your moonsign affects you? Surely people are different even though they have the same moon sign.
posted by:
Kjetil
Norway
Advertisement
  • Hey Kjetil -- What a lovely thread! I'm glad you feel the Cap. Moon is a blessing. If you don't mind, would you tell me how old you are? Or maybe you could post your chart... : )

I can relate to some of what you say. See, personally, I don't really feel that cheery about it. Rather, I tend to analyse my thoughts and feelings and express in less of a lighthearted manner. So, I really admire your attitude!

Not at all feeling sorry for myself -- but just to note -- I think the Cap. moon is more difficult for women (so I've read... & damn it really put me off at the time!!). I think this is due to gender role expectations. I would consider myself a slightly angry female, within ! Probably then, subconsiously, I have more power/control as a woman. Hmm...

I am consistantly faced with issues of power imbalance... I don't know why... I feel it may be partly due to the Cap. moon placement as well as Pluto conj. I.C. opp. Venus @ M.C. I simply canNOT stand being management's pawn. I either want/need to work independantly or in the home/healthcare/service industry.

You mentioned something about emotional control... I do feel the same. I would consider myself to be reserved in expressing my feelings -- but when I do I most often feel comfortable doing it as I really only do it when I think it would be the right thing to do. I guess that isn't very often! ; D What's nice though... -A few friends will come to me for advice when faced with troubling emotions or relationship issues. I've been told I always have practical ideas (& that they can't understand how I think or act like this) and they like to reflect on what I tell them.

"A heart run by logic" - Must be a blessing! When I see others in so much emotional pain I am glad to note my emotional compartments are generally always in tact and the content firmly in place. When I'm down I'd like to clear stock a bit... So I check the clock and tell myself I have all the time in the world to make new connections and develop new and different facets to the personality.

It's odd -- at times I can be somewhat naturally pessimistic -- but when I do allow myself to look into the future I think quite positively. I cannot wait to "get there" - to truely wisen and settle into my years.

I have a harder time getting along with most my age, I think, because I just can't relate. Not to say all 20 year olds are not worthy of my time... just that I think on a much broader scale while most kids my age are thinking about the here and now. At times I wish I were thinking more like this (the present) but it seems a bit naive to me. ...
    • It might be a harder placement for females, that I don't know anything about. From what I've come to understand about women in general, overanalyzing feelings aint just a capy moon trait. All women do it. Atleast to some degree. Anyways nothing good comes from it, so I follow my instingt and gut feeling for the most part since analyzing feelings cause more head/heart ache than good. But i guess we caps ease up with age right? And since youre cap moon, I don't think youre feeling sorry for your self. Just a litle pissed that "thats the way it is". Don't be an angry girl. it's easyer to get what you whant with honey than with vinegar ;-) By the way, about friends and people the same age as me, literally 99% of all of those I consider my friends are either older or younger than me! Maby its the cap moon, or maby just a coincidence:-)

Im a 20 year old guy. My natal chart? Shure. If anyone knows what it all means, could you please explain? This is what astro.com came up with.

planet sign
      Sun Aries
      Moon Capricorn
      Mercury Aries
      Venus Aries
      Mars Taurus
      Jupiter Aquarius
      Saturn Scorpio
      Uranus Sagittarius
      Neptune Capricorn
      Pluto Scorpio
      True Node Taurus

Ascendant Cancer
      3rd House Leo
      Imum Coeli Leo
      5th House Virgo
      6th House Scorpio
      Descendant Capricorn
      8th House Capricorn
      9th House Aquarius
      Medium Coeli Aquarius
      11th House Pisces
      12th House Taurus

Major aspects
      Sun Trine Uranus 3°33
      Sun Square Ascendant 3°32
      Moon Square Mercury 2°39
      Moon Square Venus 1°11
      Moon Conjunction Neptune 7°16
      Moon Sextile Pluto 7°10
      Moon Opposition Ascendant 6°59
      Mercury Conjunction Venus 1°28
      Mercury Sextile Jupiter 4°22
      Mercury Square Neptune 4°37
      Venus Sextile Jupiter 2°54
      Mars Quincunx Uranus 1°37
      Mars Sextile Ascendant 1°36
      Jupiter Sextile Uranus 5°14
      Uranus Quincunx Ascendant 0°02
      Neptune Sextile Pluto 0°06

• Hey. I'm a newbie to this post also. I'm Pisces Sun/Cap Moon AND Cap venus so a bit of a double whammy!

Don't worry Paul, I too suffer much inner conflict, in that I hate the sobering qualities that capricorn gives to you - I mean who wants to be serious!!! Also the descriptions you read about caps and the influences sound soo boring - business, industry, commerce, hardworking, emotionally detached etc. I think I would be far more content with a leo or saggie in my moon to bring some life back into me. I can definitely feel that down-to-earth, grounding aspect of capricorn in my horoscope but it also gets my mood down too I feel. Saturn the sober, serious planet - sometimes I feel like saying: 'take a hike Saturn' ;-)
    • Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I just found out today that my moon sign is capricorn. I think this kinda conflicts with my sun sign which is Sagittarious. My moon sign is in the third house btw.

When researching I found that there was a lot of crappy stuff said about Capricorn Moons, like we r selfish and ambitious and cold and can be self preoccupied and calculating. None of the stuff I read really focused on the good points, which I presume must be that we r level headed and don't rush into things and protect ourselves from getting hurt emotionally by not opening up easily.

However my main problem was the fact that it seems to conflict so much with the outgoing, enthusiastic nature of my sun sign, sagittarious. I have had people say things to me about how they see me, which I might not necessarily agree with. Does anyone else feel that their moon sign really conflicts with their sun sign, and therefore, our family and friends don't see us for who we really are? Or do we deliberately do this, as the Capricorn moon sign dictates that we hide our feelings and don't share much about what we really think with the people in our lives?

Another contradiction, merely mentioned for light relief, is the fact that my love sign is Scorpio, under the planet venus...which is supposed to be the most passionate love sign of all!! How can I be enthusiastic yet cold yet passionate?? Explain please!!
      • Elizabeth, I may not be a capricorn moon but I am a gemini sun and scorpio moon. My scorpio moon wants to hide my true emotions while my sun sign wants to be the social butterfly that it is. It is a struggle everyday but nobody says life is perfect.
      • Hi, Elizabeth! Like you, I have a Capricorn Moon combined with my Sagittarius Sun. But in addition, I have a Cappy rising and Capricorn Stellium...it can get crazy! And like you, seriousness of Cap moon can be "dampen" the fire. To a stranger or a casual acquaintance, I can appear serious and very work-oriented, especially in the first two years of high school. I seemed focused and sober. But as I get more comfortable with my surroundings and the people around me, I open up and my more outgoing and playful Sag side shows through. I surprised a lot of people my junior year with my exuberance and more excitable nature (not to mention my spontaneousness and enthusiasm) whereas before, they only knew my serious side. To tell you the truth (which is a thing we Sags do frequently), I'd rather have a moon in any sign BUT Capricorn.

It's strange because I am not the least bit ambitious! It's actually the other way around...I tend to do things at the barest minimum and I'm not status-conscious at all. And I'm actually impulsive and irresponsible at times...:P Not the traits of a Capricorn, I'm sure. And I dislike most things associated with a Capricorn moon, especially but not limited to being serious and sober and cold and calculating. However, I'm trying to be philosophical about my moon. I am a bit more careful with money than the "average" Sagittarian and my Cappy moon restrains the reputed bluntness and tactlessness of my Sun sign...most of the time. ;-)

How is it to have a Scorpio Venus btw? I have a Venus in...I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count...give up? Capricorn so I am a bit reserved when it comes to love.
        • There is plenty more to the Capy moon than just being serious and work oriented.
          A Cap Rising may be Serious a Cap Moon takes his/her emotions seriously.
          Most of the Capy Moons I have run into are Very Sincere especially with their emotions.
          That I consider to be a great virtue.
          They innately know how to express emotions responsibility.
          Often it means suppressing emotions when others are vulnerable though just as often it means letting them show when it is important to deliver a message or if the situation requires empathy.
          • Yes, there is definitely plenty more to a Cap Moon than being serious and work oriented.

The Saturnalia was held during the sun time of Capricorn and there was much debauchery to be had - IF everything was taken care of. The secret to Capricorn is that it seeks monetary and physical security so that it can ENJOY itself without a backward glance. Capricorn is an earth sign after all, it just not going to skimp on the good stuff: food, sex, living arrangements, massages, etc, etc. Therefore a little hard work needs to get put in first, which is the serious hardworking half. Think along those lines and your Capricorn moon might start making more sense.
            • As i've said, I like my moon. What drives me is success! i dont feel like settling for a "mediocre" life or income. Not all, but most aries people I know make stupid desisions, act way to impulsively, dont know how to judge a situation and act in a way that benefitts them and are not responsible. Cap moon for me is a blessing.
              • Hey I'm new to this, and I'm really glad I stumbled upon all this Capricorn moon talk. I found out awhile ago that I'm a Capricorn Moon...Taurus Sun, and Cancer rising. I'm happy with my taurus and cancer rising. I think it adds a little more warmth, but somtimes, especially in situations where I'm meeting new people, my Cap comes out. Certain situations that get me nervous make me "lock up my emotions". I hate this...and I do think about my thoughts a lot. I think, "why am I like this? Don't act like this. Be more friendly, outgoing, blablabla." I'm really trying to be a more sociable, happy go lucky person...but underneath, I feel sort of angry...and just that alone is making me annoyed. I'm just wondering, do you think that with growth, we can overcome whatever effect the cap moon has on us? the bad ones i mean? Someday I would just like to be like some of my other friends...and just give in and let go.

• Oh Yes Sabrina, Cap moons get younger with age and more expressive ...plus think of our moon progressing into Aquarius and Pisces giving it more color and expression

I think its also about an inner acceptance, of who we are

An inner integration

And knowing where and with whom we feel safe

A lot of people welcome my emotional groundedness almost mystical like

it about stepping up, getting over the fear, putting ourselves out there, and like everything else with much practice and many failures,
                  it’s gets easier into perfection (acceptance)
      • Elizabeth, I can relate to what you've said.

Libra sun/cap moon here. I play the harmonious, diplomatic, peacemaker in my daily life, but when I go home--just leave me alone...I want to be serious, solitudious(?), etc, etc. I constantly feel the inconsistency between how others view me, and how I view myself--Typical of a capricorn moon, I sum this square up as a part of my duties. I realize that my sun has purposes that are in conflict with my security needs, and I try the best I can to deal with the tension, and strike a balance between the two...

I'm also a venus scorpio, so you can imagine what the passions revolve around--I also believe this position re-inforces the ability to remain a secret from those around you...Just a thought
  • I have the same combination as you! Aries Sun, Cancer Rising, Capricorn Moon.
    I'm genuinely not as proud of it, since it really screwed me up during early childhood; I was way awkward and didn't know how to reply to stuff people said. It also actually interfiered with my being an Aries. Instead of being happy and satisfied, I felt the need to always complain (and, well, maybe still do). Maybe this has to do with the Cancer, but the whole combo isn't working out for me personally. Some things are good, though, like what you said about it Making you a better Aries, we're not as rude, maybe, as we might be if we had it in Leo, for example. But doesn't it hinder the whole aspect of being Aries; happy, carefree, unthoughful?? Maybe it's just me.

I guess I'm more considerate of others' feelings as a Capricorn, and I am definitely not cold in my sympathies, but I feel like my top 3 signs contradict each other.
    • And I have it too -- same combo -- Aries Sun Cancer Rising Capricorn Moon. My childhood was not the greatest, either, but I don't attribute that to my chart! Maybe I should? ;)

I feel unbalanced and out of sorts much of the time, yet I have good moments, too. I just wish I felt more together. Notice I said "felt" !! cancer rising....
  • Unsu...

the thing with what people say about the capricorn moon, you go on a website and read someone saying the capricorn moon is a bad moon sign is just the opinion of that person writing that description.
    It's probably some Aries moon person who had a problem with someone who had a capricorn moon and decide to put a bad description of that moon placement.

There is no such thing as a bad moon sign or unfavourable sun sign. All of them balance out and fit in with certain aspects of society.

I've got a Capricorn moon and I reckon it's an awesome sign.

The moon sign governs the ID of the person and their 'needs'. The Capricorn moon 'needs' recognition so we tend to become quite awesome people.

My favourite capricorn moon peeps: -

Kirk Hammet, Gene Kelly, Arnold Schwarzanegger, Nelly Futardo, Tom Morello, Reg Presley (WILD THING!), Wes Borland, Rutger Hauer, the drummer from System of a Down, Confuscious (I think), Robert Fripp (genius), Seal, the father from Malcolm in the Middle, Ronnie O Sullivan, Ryan Giggs, Tre Cool.

I mentioned one woman in that group. I wouldn't say it's a bad placement for a woman but I do feel women lose warmth with this placement.
    • Don't forget Natalie Portman. Love her!!!

Cap Moon people have class. I like that about us. We are classy: instead of yelling and shouting, we'll write a nice letter or a bad review of someone or a place we didn't like.

The world needs more class.

LOL.